Sunday, November 10, 2013

Back in the land of Brevet

Hi one and all, sorry for the lack of communications, I have been otherwise occupied with a wedding and honeymoon. Try as I might to get the cues out before the big day (mine, not Le Petit Brevet), time got away from me.
I have emailed all whom have registered interest with a copy of the cues. If you did that, and are reading this but haven't received the email with the cues, please flick me an email asking for them OR if you are now interested send me an email and I'll flick you a copy of the cues.
I would like to offer a special mention here to Geof Blance for helping me out with these by passing his experienced eyes over them and Andre Galbraith for adding the "resets" and intermediate distances etc.
Geof pointed out to me that last year the farmer at Takamatua had an electric fence across the Old French Road at around the 122km mark (highlighted in yellow on cues). If this is the case again this year please go back out to the Christchurch Akaroa Road, turn right and continue towards Akaroa rejoining the mapped and "cued" route at "122.65km Straight on, start descent (now left onto) Old Coach Road" (of course the milage will now be a little out).
I will talk about this at the start also.
Also the start is at Hansen Park which is in Opawa/St Martins, off Hawford Road.
I will try and put another update up later in the week.
Thanks very much, Scott