Monday, November 26, 2012

2012 - The Day After

Congrats to all who completed and/or partially completed this weekends Le Petit Brevet. This year was a hard nut to crack - they always are, but personally I felt that this may have been the hardest... or maybe that's because my confidence levels become more inversely proportional to my training levels every year!

I got home and into a hot bath at about 7 am on Sunday morning and consequently fell asleep. I was tempted to call in sick today (I've called in sick for feeling a lot better) but couldn't bring myself to doing it - it was self inflicted after all. I was determined never ever to do another Brevet while I slogged my around what must be the largest selection of steep / gnarly hills in New Zealand, and the third Le Petit Brevet was definitely going to be the last. However, time does amazing things and even now, typing on my computer on my couch feeling terrible, I can reminisce about the 'fun' that I had in the weekend. Remember.... it doesn't have to be 'fun' to be fun!

I hope I got everyone's times right, let me know if there are any corrections. Also if you have any words, blogs, photos etc. to share, fire me an email and I'll make sure that they are available for all. I'll be posting some sort of wrap up in the coming days. And thank you for all your donations to Hinewai Reserve... I know Hugh (an avid cyclist himself and caretaker at Hinewai) is always grateful of the size-able donation we give. I can't actually tell you how much we raised yet.... as it is sitting in a friends house along with the start list. The thought of riding over there to get it just isn't appetizing at the moment. And if you still want to donate, I can let you know my bank details and I will make sure that it is included in the total.